i n t r o d u c t i o n

  we    r i s e    b y    l i f t i n g    O T h e r s !              __________________________           

These stickers say it all! 

Hello there and welcome to Gotta Be OT                   by me, Riley Burford. In this blog I will be     documenting my time as an occupational           therapy student at UTHSC by promoting all           the  amazing things this profession has to                offer. I am so excited for this next journey                 of my life and where it will take me!

 

Here is a little background information to get to know me.          

 * I learned at an early age that I wanted to become an OT and because of that my first job in high school was at The Villages at Germantown, which is a retirement and rehabilitation facility. 

* My passion is the geriatric population, therefore I hope to specialize in the field of geriatrics and one day work in the nursing home setting. 

* I received my bachelor's degree at The University of Mississippi in communication and science disorders with a minor in business in 2019.

* I have an identical twin sister named Madison who is also in the medical field. She received her masters degree in nuclear radiology from UMMC and is currently working in Dallas, Texas. We have never lived in different states before, but I am so proud of her and everything she has accomplished!

* I am a super social person and I love getting to interact and meet new people. I love everything music and dance. I was in show choir and on the dance team in high school where we won the national UDA competition in Orlando, Florida and received the coveted "white jacket." 

* I love spending time watching Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Disney+ (I swear I've almost watched everything you can imagine), finding new music on spotify, avid TikTok watcher,  traveling, trying new foods and restaurants (you can called me a foodie), spending time with family and friends, and being outdoors!


Comments

Popular Posts